Entrepreneurship continually requires being uncomfortable, stepping outside of the box and your perceived comfort zone. Additionally, new ideas and innovation are critical to your success as an entrepreneur. As you know, tapping into ‘the zone’ where creativity exists is what fuels your competitive edge and sets you apart from competitors.
Creativity is a process that involves embracing the unknown from time to time and allowing yourself to be vulnerable.
Here at Britannia Business Center, we’ve observed the most common traits that successful entrepreneurs here consistently practice to 10x their creativity, which leads to creating new, innovative solutions for people and the world we live in.
5 Practical ways you can boost your creativity right now:
1) Create community connections and surround yourself with positive, like-minded individuals who are on a similar path as yourself where you can bounce ideas off of each other, and share your success (and losses) while holding each other accountable. Take advantage of Calgary’s robust entrepreneurial community, and attend a casual networking meetup for entrepreneurs from all industries and walks of life.
2) Before checking your phone and emails, start your day by listening to entrepreneurial podcasts while you get ready in the morning. It’s a great way to start your day off on the right foot, to be inspired and to learn the mindset tactics from those who have been down the path ahead of you. Bonus: Check out this list of the top entrepreneurial podcasts to inspire you in 2022: https://www.lifehack.org/919393/best-business-podcasts
3) Take an actual lunch break. We understand how hard it is to step away from your desk to grab a bite to eat, but try committing to closing your laptop and walking away for just 30 minutes without any technology distractions. You’ll return feeling mentally refreshed and ready to tackle the remainder of your endless to-do list!
4) Feeling stuck? Take a break and get moving! Sometimes a little movement such as a walk around the neighborhood, or a 20-minute HIIT workout or a time out in our meditation room might be all you need to unblock that feeling of stagnancy and get that creative momentum flowing again.
5) A change of scenery. Is it time to switch up your work environment? Work-from-home definitely has its advantages (Hello no pants or pajamas til noon) but it can become lonely and creativity-prohibiting. Another important support for the creative process is surrounding yourself with other creative people in person. Not only do creative mindsets encourage other creative mindsets but it can be exciting when new solutions or ideas are encouraged by peers. Even if it’s by osmosis, in a co-working space here at Britannia Business Center.
If you want to experience the #britanniavibes by yourself, call or text us to book a tour today!