burnout (noun): a state of physical or emotional exhaustion caused by long-term stress
Anyone who’s ever started their own business knows that entrepreneurship can be a rollercoaster. There are highs of accomplishing great things and making an impact, and lows of doubt and insecurity. It’s a constant balancing act to keep your energy up while staying focused on your goals. So it’s no surprise that many entrepreneurs find themselves struggling with burnout at some point during their journey.
Michael A. Freeman, a psychiatrist who studied the connection between entrepreneurship and mental health, told Inc. that “People who are on the energetic, motivated, and creative side are both more likely to be entrepreneurial and more likely to have strong emotional states.”
Some warning signs that you may be experiencing entrepreneurial burnout include feeling constantly overwhelmed, feeling like you’re not making progress, struggling to maintain work-life balance, and feeling isolated or unsupported. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to take a step back and assess what’s going on.
There are many ways to stay sane while growing your business, and here are three of the most efficient:
- Take time for yourself. Make sure you schedule regular breaks, even if it’s just 10 minutes every few hours. Take a full day off once a week, and make time for activities that you enjoy outside of work. To help with this, don’t be afraid to refuse opportunities if they also come with more stress than you can handle.
- Bring back the fun! Be yourself. Show your goofy side, your nerdy side, or your romantic side. As long as you’re authentic and genuine, people will love you for who you are, which will take away the pressure of always proving your worth.
- Don’t ride alone. Every entrepreneur will say this: business can be a lonely journey. But it doesn’t have to! A well designed co-working space can offer you a better context to thrive among other like-minded people that are sharing the journey with you one way or another
Here at Britannia Business Centre we are passionate about bringing amazing people together so our clients get inspired by the collaborative atmosphere which means:
- productivity increases
- creativity and innovation increases
- it’s easier to set healthy boundaries between work and personal life, thus creating a better balance and staying away from burnout.
Wherever you are in your entrepreneurial journey, if signs of burnout are starting to show up, put yourself first! Take care of you because nobody else besides you can grow your business the way you imagined it.
If you want to experience the #britanniavibes by yourself, call or text us to book a tour today!